Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing going on lately!

The VanDyke house has been, well, pretty lame lately. Nothing really exciting, just getting the house ready for the little bundle of boy-joy that will be here in less than 6 weeks. We are getting so excited and Dallin asks me everyday if his "budder" is here yet! We have moved Dallin into a big boy bed and he loves it! He runs in there every night to sleep and for naps. Drew has been very busy at work and I know he is a little stressed. I am feeling very, very good for once and I am so glad. Our Dr.'s say that Carter is looking wonderful and that he is just shy of 4 1/2 pounds.
Just a side note here. Really it has nothing to do with the previous paragraph. I feel like the luckiest woman alive! I have a very loving and supportive husband, he is the strength of our family and I know that without his dedication to his family we would not be the family that we are. Drew tells me at least twice a day, "Thank you so much for staying home with our babies and taking such good care of them!" Enough said. I have a son who continues to amaze me everyday. He wakes up with a smile on his face every morning and I love that he appreciates lifes small pleasures. Yes, I get frustrated with him, and that is the best thing about parenting. No matter how mad a child makes you, you still have this unconditional love for them. Dallin loves his Daddy and it is so sweet to see the relationship that he has formed with his Dad. Their favorite thing to do lately is to read. Dallin listens so well and he just wants to absorb everything that the book contains.
Anyway, I just think sometimes I might not be the most appreciative person in this world. But I truly am. I love my family. Their is really no other way to say it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Brit! Love the blog it helps me to keep updated with you guys!! I dont know if you got my email or not about the watch party so i figured i would send it this way too...im having a party may 6, 6-730 my house bring a friend or whoever. Hope to see you then or come if your feeling okay?