Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I am getting better at this!

I have grown up in a family full of seamstresses, and I decided that I wanted to learn how. My mom rarely has time to teach me, but she is more than willing. I started by making a blanket for Dallin last Christmas out of his receiving blankets that he used when he was little. It turned out okay and I totally winged it. I didnt even pin the stupid thing. But with a little help from my mom and a ton of encouragement from Drew, I have become a lot better and I have taken a class with my mom that has helped me. Not much but some. A few weeks ago my sweet Aunt Chris taught me how to make a baby blanket and I have been making them like crazy. I even taught my friend Kelly and we sold a few of them at a boutique. Anyway, my new adventure is a pair of pj pants for Drew and my brother for his birthday. I have got the pattern cut out and I am working on them and I will post pictures of the projects I have done and the one I am currently doing. Hopefully you will see the same improvement that I can see in myself. I dont pat myself on the back too often, but I think I deserve this one.

2 comments:

Liz said...

We love you all!

Anne said...

What a cute picture! I am so excited you have a blog. Love ya! Anne